With the attention and concerns surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), Hyperbaric Medical Solutions (HMS) wants to ensure all patients of the extra preventative steps we are taking to mitigate risks and avoid any problems within our offices and with our patients and guests.
We are still open to serve both new and currently active patients.
Only essential personnel will be on-site and and we will continue to operate unless we are required to close due to governmental restrictions.
First and foremost, HMS has always been committed to maintaining the highest level of sanitation and cleanliness in our offices. However, in light of the current pandemic, we’re adding additional measures to protect the health of our patients and guests.
These measures include:
- Additional hand sanitizers placed throughout the office;
- Screening patients upon entry to office by taking temperature and doing brief assessment;
- Asking all patients and guests to remain home if they at all feel sick;
- Requesting patients wash their hands upon entering the office and prior to the start of any hyperbaric sessions;
- Additional hand washing by staff upon entering the office and prior to engaging with patients, in addition to wearing gloves;
- Performing extra cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and commonly trafficked areas;
- Ensuring our staff stays home or leaves work at the first signs of illness; and
- Staggering patient treatment times to allow for ample physical distance, supporting social distancing guidelines.
The staff in our private offices are continually focused on creating a clean, comfortable, and safe environment to support the health and wellness of all our patients and guests. If you have any questions about how you can keep yourself, and your family, safe and healthy, please do not hesitate to ask.
Here are some services you can undergo inside our clinics to boost your immune system in the wake of COVID-19:
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves overall health and optimizes the immune system by improving white blood cell function, improving detoxification, decreasing inflammation, and boosting tissue growth and repair. HBOT may be virucidal and bactericidal/bacteriostatic against many bacteria and viruses as well.
IV Immune Boosters
We offer two IV vitamin drips: Glutathione and Myers’ Cocktail. Both strengthen immunity and detoxification. Glutathione, the body’s most essential antioxidant, boosts the body’s ability to ward off the impact of oxidative stress and fight free radicals, reducing the potential for disease and supporting health. The Myers’ Cocktail, which contains magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin C, improves immunity, energy, bone strength, nerve function, and more.
We also offer these tips you can always use to stay healthy and optimize your wellness:
- Prioritize sleep. Targeting at least eight hours per night. Melatonin and magnesium are two supplements that can be used to help fall asleep.
- Minimize sugar and starches, which inhibit your white blood cell and, therefore, your immune system function.
- Use ginger, ginseng, and echinacea, which are all natural immune boosters.
- Take vitamin D3, an important supplement to boost immunity. Ensure you're getting 2,000-4,000 units a day. In addition, try to get 20 to 30 minutes of sunlight exposure daily.
- Intake 1,000 mg of vitamin C (liposomal form is best absorbed) per day.
- Zinc is essential, especially at the first sign of any sniffles or scratchy throat.
And of course, please follow these standard practices:
- Frequently wash your hands often, scrubbing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home if you feel sick or show symptoms of illness, and avoid contact with people who are known to be sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
This threat will pass. Until it does, we will remain committed to supporting optimal health of our patients and staff by minimizing exposure while at the same time offering treatments that enhance immune defense during these historic times. Take care and do all you can to stay healthy.