Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy can be used as a complementary treatment for your patients in order to help speed up recovery from vascular surgery.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is indicated for the treatment of refractory ischemic wounds of the lower extremities after surgical revascularization or angioplasty.
Did You Know?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Reduces Inflammation. HBOT helps ameliorate both acute and chronic inflammatory conditions by reducing proinflammatory cytokine release. With more oxygen present in the blood system, blood vessels can restrict their flow (vasoconstriction) to damaged tissue and reduce the fluid build up (swelling or edema) without compromising the higher oxygen levels needed for repair.
How your patients will benefit from HBOT
- Enhances fibroblast proliferation and collagen synthesis, decreasing fibrosis
- Enhances leukocyte oxidative killing
- Has a potent anti-inflammatory effect reducing swelling and edema
- Stimulates angiogenesis
- Synergistic effect of HBOT plus antibiotics by enhancing bacterial cell wall penetration and direct toxic of effect of HBOT on anaerobic organisms
- Enhances stem cell proliferation from the bone marrow and migration to the area of injury
- Reduces intravascular leukocyte adherence in crush injury (reperfusion injury)
- Can improve limb salvage outcomes in patients at high risk peripheral arterial disease and critical limb ischemia
Our experienced clinical team is available to help you identify appropriate candidates for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and to answer any additional questions about HBOT or our facilities. You deserve the best – our mission is to achieve patient success through personalized, innovative, and compassionate care that enhances your healing potential. We do so at the lowest possible out-of-pocket cost for your patients, with only one copay and/or less coinsurance than at a hospital-based HBOT program.