Together with our affiliate, Hyperbaric Medical Solutions, we aim to achieve the highest level of advanced wound care. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) accelerates wound healing and decreases the risk of amputation.
HEALING DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS
Diabetes is a disease frequently associated with vascular disturbances leading to chronic ulceration, infection of non-healing wounds, and failed skin grafts and flaps. Systematic reviews and randomized controlled testing of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) support its use for these conditions, among others. HBOT heals diabetic wounds, significantly decreases the risk of limb amputation, and works synergistically with antibiotics to treat osteomyelitis, a severe bone infection, leading to remission of the condition in 85% of cases.
What is HBOT?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is the use of medically prescribed 100% oxygen delivered in a transparent acrylic chamber, under pressure. Each cell in the body needs oxygen to preserve, repair, and enhance cellular function. HBOT provides the body with a greater opportunity for healing.
How does HBOT Work?
The PrinciplesThe term “hyperbaric” is defined as a gas at a pressure greater than normal. Compared to breathing normal pressure air at sea level, hyperbaric oxygen rich air will drive up to 1,200% more oxygen into the bloodstream. Super-saturating the body with oxygen drives the regeneration of damaged tissue, strengthens the immune system, and provides the body with greater opportunity for healing by:
- Immediately reversing hypoxia
- Acting as a signal inducer of DNA, turning on and off over 5,000 genes
- Stimulating the development of new blood vessels where circulation has been compromised (Angiogenesis)
- Promoting collagen, bone, and cartilage repair and regeneration
- Greatly reducing swelling and inflammation
- Mobilizing and stimulating an increase of stem cells within damaged tissues and in bone marrow
- Enhancing energy production at the cellular level
The BenefitsHyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a noninvasive treatment that can help in a variety of medical conditions either as a primary or complementary therapy. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has very few risks or side effects and may be helpful if you suffer from an inflammatory condition or a condition that may be improved when blood flow and delivery of oxygen to vital organs and tissues is optimized. Some of the benefits that can result from Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy are:
- Healing wounds, no matter where they are
- Decreasing wound healing time through increased efficiency
- Reducing the risk of amputation
- Enhancing the brain’s ability to regain neurologic function (Neuroplasticity)
- Decreasing disability
- Reducing Pain
- Improving quality of life
Research & Studies
Request an Appointment With Hyperbaric Medical Solutions